About The Videos
Welcome to your sex addiction digital content library. In these videos, Dr. Doug Weiss discusses key topics on addiction, recovery and more. They are a small sample of what you can expect from scheduling an intensive counseling session with Dr Doug and our other licensed counselors.
6 TYPES OF SEX ADDICTS
The first step in recovering from a sex addiction is understanding what type of addict you are or you loved one is. The six types of sex addicts are:
- Biological: Masturbation and pornography based on endorphin releases which leads to repeat behavior.
- Psychological: Dependency on the fantasy world for self-image and worth through sexual behaviors.
- Spiritual: Looking for spiritual fulfillment, acceptance and love through sexual addictions.
- Sexual Trauma: Acting sexually out due to past sexual abuse and trauma – often in a similar manner.
- Intimacy Anorexia: Withholding of intimacy. The spouse or partner often feels like a roommate.
- Mood Disorder: Using a sexual addiction as a “release” to balance the mood disorder.
Stop Masturbating today!
These are tried and true methods to shutting this behavior out of your life.
Usually compulsive masturbation issues go side-by-side with pornography use and sometimes addiction.
I have heard this question for over thirty years of counseling porn addicts. I want to answer this question as quickly as possible. If you want to know what type of porn addict you are, you can read about the five types of porn addictions here: The Five Types of Porn Addicts.
6 CAUSES OF SEX ADDICTION
Sex addiction is the active use of a sexual behavior, whether it is masturbation, an internet porn addiction, fetishes and/or behavior with self or others in a compulsive life-destroying pattern.
When you are addicted to sex it is called a sex addiction. This is a real issue impacting millions of individuals, marriages, and families around the globe.The impact is felt in the life of the addict and his or her surrounding family members and friends. You and the one you love can recover from the damaging effects this can have on your relationship.
Whether you are an addict or the partner of an addict: you are not alone and there is hope!
Schedule a 3 to 5 day sex addiction intensive with our certified sex addiction counselors.
Sex Addiction Help
720 Elkton Dr Ste. 100
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Subscribe To Our Newsletter!
*This information is sent to Heart to Heart Counseling Center. We won’t ever sell or misuse your information